PESHAWAR: At least five people were injured and over 20 shops damaged after a fire broke out in Taj Market of Karkhano in the city on Saturday.
According to a spokesperson of Rescue 1122, the fire broke out and soon took dozens of shops in its folds. The market features shops of perfumes, garments, electronic appliances, and dry fruit among other things.
It took 45 firefighters and five fire tenders to control the inferno, which was extinguished in two-and-a-half hours.
The reason for the fire has been stated to be a short circuit.
Karkhano Market, where the fire broke out, is situated in the Hayatabad area of Peshawar.
A similar incident took place in a godown in the city in February. A firefighter was injured in the incident.
The fire had erupted in a rubber godown in Mohalla Jhangi. The incident, caused by a short circuit, had resulted in a loss of hundreds of thousands of rupees.